This is a fic exchange, which means that everyone who signs up gets to write a story, and have a story written for them, based on one of four (or five) requested scenarios you'll list when you sign up.
All stories will, obviously, be based on the show and feature the characters from Dark Angel. Slash, het, and gen are all welcome, and with your optional fifth request, you may ask for a crossover, though there's no guarantee you'll get it.
We all have personal pairing preferences (including no pairing, for some folks) so to make things a little easier on everyone, one of your requests MUST be gen - no pairing involved. It can be mission fic or a character study or slice of life fic or whatever, but just so there's no "I got someone who requested four different White/Joshua scenarios and I can't write that!" situations (not that I think that would happen), one request must be gen.
To reiterate: You must make four requests, of which one MUST be GEN.
You may make a fifth, optional request, if you'd like a crossover (obviously Dark Angel must be one of the sources involved), or if you'd like to give your writer more flexibility.
Please keep your requests relatively open and flexible (i.e., don't write the story for the author), and know that everything you requested may not make it into the story.
In writing your story, you do not need to include all of the requested things – you only need to use one of them. If you'd like to do more, that's fine, but it's not required.
You'll be matched randomly, with the "ten things I don't want/won't write" part taken into account (i.e., if you won't write White/Joshua, you'll get something that has other options *g*). While stories won't be posted anonymously - you'll all post your stories here in jamponygifts - please keep your recipient in the dark while you write. It's more fun that way.
Mark your calendars Sign-ups open today, November 7, 2009 and will close Wednesday, November 11, 2009.
You’ll receive your assignment no later than Saturday, November 14, 2009.
Stories will be due on Saturday, January 2, 2010.
Please do not post your story anywhere else for a week, i.e., until January 9 (though feel free to link to it).
How to play: 1. Comment to this post with your name/pseud: your email address: your lj/ij/dw: (if you have one) four or five possible scenarios for your story (things like pairing, setting, supporting characters, phrases) note: At least one of your scenarios must be gen (i.e., including no pairing/having no pairing focus) , and you may only request one crossover with your optional fifth request: things you want to write (including what crossovers you are able to write): things you don't want in your story and/or won't write (please only list up to 10 things): can you pinch hit if needed:
Sample sign up:
1. your name/pseud: victoria p. your email address: victoria @ unfitforsociety.net your lj/ij/dw: musesfool four or five possible scenarios for your story (things like pairing, setting, supporting characters, phrases) note: At least one of your scenarios must be gen (i.e., including no pairing/having no pairing focus) , and you may only request one crossover with your optional fifth request:
1. Max/Alec, heat. It's a classic for a reason! 2. Freak Nation fails, Max and Alec go to ground together; slowly developing Max/Alec romance on the run 3. Max/Alec - two broken toys trying to make things work together 4. Alec and Original Cindy hang out and bond (i.e., my gen request) 5. Optional crossover request: John Winchester discovers his sons' DNA has been harvested for cloning and is not okay with that; how does he take Manticore down? (Maybe he served in Vietnam with Lydecker?) OR optional fifth story request: Zack returns and tries to fit into life in Terminal City
Note: Your gen request must be separate from your optional crossover request.
Things you want to write (including crossovers): Max/Alec, Alec and Cindy bonding, Max/Alec/Biggs, Cindy/Max/Alec, banter, comedy, pining, rom com
Things you don't want/won't write (please don't list more than 10): Alec/Joshua, Logan in any romantic capacity, Ames White in any romantic capacity, mating for life, any kind of instinctual/animal alpha hierarchy among X5s, Max-bashing, Logan-bashing
can you write a pinch hit if needed: Yes
2. You'll receive your assignment sometime on (or before) Saturday, November 14. It's a secret, so please don't tell or let your recipient or their friends know who you received.
3. Join jamponygifts so you can post your story. It's also probably a good idea to friend the community while the ficathon is going on, so you'll know if there are any announcements.
4. Write a story of 1000 words or more by Saturday, January 2.
5. On Saturday, January 2, post your story to jamponygifts. Please use the following headers:
Title: Author: Summary: Rating: Recipient: Warnings: (if your story does not need a warning, say none. If you choose not to warn, say choose not to warn; if you need to grey out your warning, use the code in this post) Notes:
6. In addition to using this post to sign up, we'll also answer questions here.
If you are going to drop out, please let us know as far in advance as possible, so that we can find a pinch hitter, so everybody gets a story.
If you have any questions, please comment to this post.